- north american education system: COLLEGE???? COLLEGE COLLEGE
- north american education system: COLLEGE
- north american education system: *points at 16-year-old* WHAT YOU WANT DO WHEN IN COLLEGE?!?
- north american education system: *picks up 7-year-old* WHY NOT THINK ABOUT COLLEGE!??!? COLLEGE
- north american education system: *throws infant against the wall* YOU GOING TO COLLEGE
I take her hand, and I lead her through the darkness—not because she is weak, but because she is weary of being strong; not because she is helpless, but because she yearns for my help, and I so long to give it; not because she is lost in the silken shroud of the ebon night, but because I am lost, and in leading her, find a light within myself to guide our way.
This is beautiful.
You are not going in circles
You are making progress in a spiral. You do come back around to where you were at the start, since recovery and healing take time, but every time you come back around to that point you’re a little higher up because you’ve got more experience, more knowledge, and more strength.
You ARE making progress
this is the best fucking thing i have ever read.
Always making progress